Advanced Button Controller (ABC)

Here's the screen capture on the Rule and Actions section. There is NO option to select in the drop down list.

FYI when I was using Rule Machine Legacy (which I have now removed), I used to be able to find the Rules in the drop down list here. With Rule 5.0 now, there is nothing on this drop down list (see screen capture).

@stephack I see what he is saying. I just fired it up and the app is only populating the RM 4.1 rules and I do not see any of my RM 5.0 rules.

It doesn't look like RMUtils.getRuleList() is grabbing them. Maybe a new 5.0 API that is not documented yet????

Possibly. @bravenel thoughts?

RMUtils has not been updated for new Rule Machine. We will get that done shortly.

2 Likes

@taysnet @spalexander68 :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Is it possible to push a specific button on another device? I can't seem to find it. I'm trying to push buttons on my lutron bridge for setting preset light options.

**Update 08/15/21 **
ABC Child App updated to v0.2.210812

• added optional input to disable log.info statements to reduce Hubitat Log traffic (Dan Ogorchock)
    Thanks @ogiewon
2 Likes

Did anything more ever become of this? I have 2 GoControls and just got a LiftMaster/MyQ and from most other apps virtual switches etc I get the individual directions that I choose Up/Down (don't think I get stop) everything functions individually as macdenewf says including the lost state or function when I hit any button too many times) Is there a way to add an option like what was done with locks (Lock/Unlock) and add the ability to select open/close

But this ABC app is amazing and has simplified so many things.. thank you
PS I know there is reasoning for the button naming convention eg all being labeled pushed but is it possible to add custom labels? I have a fibaro FOB and its great but with 30 different button combinations its hard to remember what function they do when setting up.. lol.. no biggie just a thought

thanks

Not sure what you mean here. They will be labelled "Pushed/Held/Released/Tapx2" depending on what action you are listening for.

Sorry, we'll need to start over with your exact issue here. My brain is pretty fried these days so I'm gonna need specifics.

• First what is the Device Type for your garage door openers. This will tell me what commands it will support.
  • Are you using a custom driver or a built in driver? In either case let me know what driver that is ( if custom, please post a link to the driver in question).
  • Lastly, what exactly is missing that you expect to be there? Please be as specific as possible and post screenshots if you think it would be helpful.
1 Like

Mine doesn't seem to change or give me the option of the different labels, all 30 possible types (Fibaro 6 button FOB) just come up as "pushed" and are labeled Button 1-30.. once I figured out how the groups of 6 worked (eg button 1-6 are tapped, 7-12 are released etc) They all function as expected, although I haven't tried triple tap which is supposed to be part of the 30 (25-30 I believe) and I doubt my memory would remember if I actually used all 30,lol. And just imagine trying to teach someone, oh my. I'll attach a couple of screen shots of what I see

No problem and thanks for taking the time to look into it.

What I'm hoping to see is in the garage door section of your app button control is something similar to what you have in the lock section. A drop down menu to choose either open or close. (Your lock has lock/unlock for an action)

I have 2 gocontrol garage door openers that use the generic garage door driver and gives the option of either open or close.. clicking either button does not change the initial command open only opens, close only closes
My new one is a liftmaster by myQ and there is a built-in driver for it as well (it is wifi though) and I can use it easily in Hubitat it to functions the exact same as the gocontrol opener's.. the driver shows open and close buttons and only functions as those actions.

So for me the non coder it looks simple, just do what you did for locks with the garage door actions and give the choice of open or close.. that Way I can make sure my doors are closed

Thanks again for your time and help.. you have created a great app

The app presents you with options based on what the device driver says it can do (ie capabilities). If the driver says it can only do push events, then that is option the ABC app will present you for configuration.
If you don't see options similar to the screen shot below, then it's because the driver wasn't written in a way to produce double tap events, held events etc. Unfortunately that will need to be taken up with the driver author. There may be valid reasons it was written this way but only the author can confirm why. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I will look into this for you. It might be a while though. Feel free to PM me with a reminder every once in a while if I'm taking too long.

Thank you, much appreciated as is your ABC app

Unfortunately it doesn't look like your attached picture, not sure the developer of the Fibaro KeyFOB(HE) is around anymore.. it just list button's 1-30 pushed.. but it all seems to work as intended with all the functions.. so it is what it is.. and appreciated for the app and the driver :+1:

@xbox442, @macdenewf
Hopefully this is what you both were looking for.

**Update 09/03/21 **
ABC Child App updated to v0.2.210903

• added new garageDoorControl capability with distinct open/close actions
  • original Garage Door section is now Legacy Garage Door

2 Likes

Hello @stephack, this looks very much what I was looking for. I've installed the update this morning and will try it out when I get home on Tuesday.. thank you for taking the time and adding it . Much appreciated.. I also just got another new button controller I'm looking forward to trying it out on.. cheers :beers:

2 Likes

Sorry for taking so long to get back, but it works perfectly. Thanks again for taking the time and adding it

1 Like

@stephack Loving this app, thanks again. is there a way to control smart thermostats? I'm not finding anything. I have the Ecobee 3. Not a big deal I have it working as a virtual switch with a rule. just wondering if there is a simpler straight forward way..

You may have to elaborate more on your use case. When you push a button, what do you expect to happen with the thermostat exactly...and what type of devices are exposed by your thermostat as well?

2 Likes

That I can do..

I use ABC to control many things.. one is when I go to bed I hit a button and it makes sure all garage doors are closed all exterior doors are locked then turn off certain lights and dim other's, you have made a really versatile app..

what I'm asking to see if possible that with that same button press it also turn the thermostat down to a different temperature..

What I have it doing at the moment is turn on a monetary virtual switch which then runs a routine to turn my ecobee down.

I see your app can trigger routines as well but it didn't see my new rule 5,1 routine which is fine but then I thought could your app trigger the ecobee directly rather than through a switch or rule..

Again totally not necessary for your app to do, but thought it would be pretty cool as it seems to do everything else.. I just couldn't find that ability and it may be there

Thanks for entertaining my folly.. :+1:

1 Like