AduroSmart ERIA Bulbs

Have not seen these particular bulbs discussed previously, so I just wanted to report that they work well with Hubitat AND the hue bridge. They are ZLL bulbs and pair with Hue (and HE) after a simple reset. Colors etc. seem vibrant and I've had no problems with my mesh, especially when compared to OSRAM bulbs. They are also on the lower end of the price spectrum and are available online via Amazon, HomeDepot and Walmart. I have no relationship with the company.

[I've had no luck, other than a simple "device" pairing, using their dimming switch and have not tried their sensors.]

1 Like

The switches were discussed here
Continuing the discussion from ERIA Wireless ZigBee DImmer:

I picked up the switch and bulb combo to try out as a cheap test, haven’t used it yet though.

I think HE need the fingerprint added.

I tried the dimmer with all of the various existing HE drivers with no luck (they don't have Smartthings driver either). If all that is required is a fingerprint, I could provide that information since it does pair as a HE Device. Their bulbs don't need anything special to work.

I have seen @mike.maxwell typically request the device data. If you have it already, please post it, if not I might get around to it later this week.

What driver did you try the dimmer with?

All of the zigbee buttons that I could easily identify.. Osram, iris, philips, Sylvania. Their specs note that it is a zigbee 3.0 device.

Ok, zigbee 3.0 is irrelevant, if it didn't work with any of them, it would need a dedicated driver.
If it includes cluster 0x1000, which is touch link odds are 50 50 if it would ever work on HE.

@mike.maxwell

This is the data from pairing the dimmer remote.

Manufacturer: ADUROLIGHT
Product Name: Device
Model Number: Adurolight_NCC
deviceTypeId: 14
manufacturer:ADUROLIGHT
address64bit:00158D000198CF7F
address16bit:EB2F
model:Adurolight_NCC
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:06
endpoints.01.manufacturer:ADUROLIGHT
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0003,0008,1000,FCCC
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:06
endpoints.01.outClusters:0003,0004,0006,0008,1000,FCCC
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:Adurolight_NCC
endpoints.01.stage:4

Sorry for the noob question, but I assume that 1000 under in/outClusters is what you were talking about?

That is correct.

Understood, so the chances of this ever working with HE even with a custom driver is slim?

If it’s not possible that is a shame. At $29 for the remote and a bulb it’s a good entry level set.

its 50 50, unfortunately it's not something i can see from the fingerprint, i have to sniff its packets while I poke some commands at it and see how it responds., this takes a bit of time.

Thanks for providing @mike.maxwell with pairing data. Regardless of the dimmer situation, the bulbs seem to work well with various hubs - solid ZLL performance in my home.

For those that may come across this thread in the future, Mike will have the switch and bulb soon. He said he will look into getting it to work with HE when time is available in the future.

No promises on if it will work or when he’ll have time.

But, just another instance of why this platform and team are awesome.

1 Like

Just have one question, for anyone who has them in the hue app, about these bulbs. Since they do pair with the hue bridge then do they also have the ability like the hue bulbs to have them use the power safe settings in the app? thanks

No, Hue has yet to allow any third-party bulbs to do this, likely because it requires something specific in the bulb's firmware that only Hue has implemented (even their own bulbs required an update to support this).

I am pretty sure the app will only set Hue bulbs. The bulb itself could come with that ability. I have some ZHA bulbs that are by default set to restore to last state and I assume ZLL bulbs could also have that feature.

@bertabcd1234, @zarthan Ok, thanks guys. That is too bad but at least they are ZLL and on the hub they won't mess with the mesh. I hope. I guess I will just have to test them to see if they come up in the same state when power is removed/restored.

EDIT: Just checked the ERIA color and adj. white bulbs to see if they hold their last state when power is removed/restored and they DO NOT.

Makes me wonder if they have any firmware updates?

Their website makes no mention of this. But also, I'm wondering: what for? The "power restore default" setting from Hue? If so, a simple firmware update on Eria's side would likely not be enough, even if they figured out the exact configuration Hue uses to do this; Philips would also have to allow third-party bulbs to even receive these settings from the Hue app. I assume they are whitelisting first-party bulbs for this feature. (But if Hubitat figures out how the Hue bulbs do this, presumably a specific Zigbee configuration, then maybe they could allow setting this on the hub side for at least updated Hue bulbs when directly paired to Hubitat--not something I'd recommend for Hue bulbs unless they're on a bulb-only hub, but still theoretically possible. Other bulbs would still be questionable, and they'd all likely implement it in different ways if at all besides their manufacturer-specified default behavior.)

I have about 15 of these bulbs now hooked up to hue. I really like them colors are good, can't tell the difference between the hue and the eria. I did just get an eria hub, but it wanted me to reset bulbs to add to the eria hub. I have a few extras I'll add to the eria hub just to see if there are any firmware updates.