Adding a ZEN16 Multirelay, Hub Keeps Including as ZEN17 Universal Relay

I've been trying to add a ZEN16 Multirelay to my hub but it keeps including as a ZEN17 Universal Relay. Things I've tried:

-I've included it and excluded it probably 10 times.
-I've included it and tried to change the device type after the fact to "Zooz Multirelay". This worked originally (before I updated my hub) but it would leave me with two child devices instead of three.
-I've included it and selected that I'm adding a "Zooz Multirelay" from "By Manufacturer" and it still forces inclusion as a ZEN17.
-I've updated my hub to the latest version 2.3.8.124. Now I get an "Error 500" message when I try to change the device type to anything from the ZEN17 type.
-I've rebooted my hub.
-I've tried a factory reset on the Multirelay following the instructions to press button four times and then four times again. Not sure if it's working because I only get two confirmation blinks after doing it instead of three.
-I've been in touch with Zooz support and they can't replicate my experience.

The only variables I'm uncertain of at this point - I have a C3 hub - would that be affecting this somehow, and is there something up with the Multirelay itself? I have not tried any custom device drivers but as mentioned above, I'm getting an error anyways now when I try to change device type. Any help would be much appreciated!

The 500 error is a known issue with .124, use the diagnostic tool to roll back to .123 (Restore previous version button).

Its a known issue when including zwave devices they will often match up with the wrong driver. Especially similar devices like this where the inClusters are probably the same between both. @support_team

Once you roll back the hub platform, I would use my driver here: [DRIVER] Zooz Relays Advanced (ZEN16, ZEN17, ZEN51, ZEN52)

You should be able to switch to that and run a configure to get everything working.

Let me know if you have any issues once you get it going on my custom driver.

2 Likes

Thank you! That worked. I appreciate the response.

Question about a small issue - since the device originally added as a ZEN17, all my child devices have device names of "ZEN17 Universal Relay - Relay 1" for example, and it's not editable in the child devices like it is in the parent device. Do you know of a way to force these to a different name? Like I said it's a small issue because it doesn't impact functionality - I just prefer things to have the correct names.

You can edit the label on the child which will change the display name.

Sometimes there is a glitch where if you save and stay on the device page, after you save it unlocks the names which were locked. You could try that.

You can also change to the driver named "Device" and it has a command button to delete all child devices. Make sure your parent device is now named how you want. Then switch back to my driver and save preferences with the child cleanup enabled. That should re-create any needed child devices based on your settings.