Add units to power meter?

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but is there any way to add a bit W or watts to my power meter? Also, I would love to make the switch above Green and not Yellow

What Driver are you using? The units field, IIRC, must be supplied by the Driver code in order for the Dashboard to display it.

How would I check such a thing? I don't see a driver listed under the device screen

What is the "Type" listed on the device details page? And what is the Make/Model of the actual device?

• deviceType: 257

Its a Zooz ZEN15 Power switch

I am looking for the contents of this field...

However, it sounds like you're probably not using a custom driver. Is that correct?

If it is a custom driver, there is a chance we could edit it to add the proper Units field.

1 Like

Here is what mine shows, to my knowledge its not a custom driver

Since it is a Zooz switch with power monitoring, I am tagging @agnes.zooz. She may have more knowledge of whether or not the Units field is set for this device. Also, @mike.maxwell will know if this is a native Hubitat driver, and he may be able to add proper units to it if it does not already.

2 Likes

Thanks!

We don't have a custom driver for it and the official integration was kindly provided by Hubitat so they're the only ones with the access to the code and how different fields are implemented. On the device side, it will automatically report Wattage and that information should be visible in the device view. I'm not sure how that translates into the Dashboard view on Hubitat unfortunately...

1 Like

I'm using ZEN15 power monitoring switches (loving them so far!) and am using the Native ZooZ driver as well.

I'll second the request to @mike.maxwell as I'd really like to have the "Amps" (or "A") label on the "current" attributes and the "Watts" (or "W") on the Power attributes.

Is there an official way to request this?

Thank you!

All the inbuilt drivers have the event type attribute included, you can see this when viewing the devices events on the events page.

Thanks @mike.maxwell, I'll take a look at that.