Add nvr to hubitat

Hello fellow,
Finally I got my Hubitat device.
I saw many posts talking about adding ip camera to Hubitat with blueiris, what about if I have an nvr (tiandy nvr 10 channels, with 6 cameras)
Any hints if possible to control the nvr with Hubitat cheers and thanks in advance
Charlie

For most people, this means being able to view camera streams on a hubitat dashboard.

Since Blue Iris has built-in motion detection and can send webhooks, it’s also possible to trigger automations in hubitat based on Blue Iris camera motion detection events.

In addition, thanks to community developers, hubitat is also able to change Blue Iris profiles and send various other commands to cameras that are controlled by Blue Iris.

When you say “control the NVR,” what did you have in mind?

Hi @marktheknife
Thanks for your reply, I want to see the cameras on my Hubitat dashboard and let’s say configure the alarms and events to send alert.
I know that blueiris run as an nvr but it needs dedicated pc for it and in this way I will not use my nvr which cost me 300 usd.
That’s why I am looking how to see the camera on my Hubitat dashboard
Charles

To get camera streams on your dashboard it’s relatively simple, does your NVR support re-encoding each camera stream as MJPEG? That’s all that’s needed to see the camera streams in a browser window.

Just to clarify, you want your NVR to send alarms/events to hubitat? Or you want hubitat to control the arming/disarming of alarm/event monitoring on your NVR? Or both?

Which NVR are you using?

Hi @marktheknife
Yes my nvr do encoding, I am having tiandy nvr.
I would prefer tha Hubitat send the alerts if possible
Charles

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.