Add Dates to Notifications

Any chance of adding dates to Notifications so when a certain date occurs then an action could happen?

If you want a certain action to happen on a certain date, it is possible to set that date and a certain time as a trigger on a rule (Basic Rule, Rule Machine, etc.).

It is also possible to restrict a rule so that it will only run if triggered on a specific day, if this is what you are looking for.

Could you describe what you are trying to achieve?

2 Likes

Depending on your use case, this may work for you:

2 Likes

It is more of a reminder app that I am after. You would load in a bunch of dates and times and when it hits that date and time it would speak the reminder. I will look at Basic and see. Just thought it would be nice to have that ability in the Notification app. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think Daily Reminder is quite what I am looking for.

Would this fit the bill by any chance?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I don't use google calendar so I guess that won't work either. It would be nice if staff would include the dates and times.

It is possible as well to set dates and times as triggers in Rule Machine if that is what you are looking for. They could be entered one at a time for one rule, or multiple rules could be setup each with its own day and time.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to use RM for this. I don't think I am going to get any response from staff.

I think Daily Reminder would work nicely but combined with a single rule.

• Create a Hub Variable - 'myVariable'
  • Create a text file with all of your dates required dates in 'mydates.txt' and upload to the hub File manager
  • Create an instance of Daily Reminder. Input File is 'mydates.txt', Variable to update is 'myVariable', enable 'Todays Events Only'

Then in RM create a new rule:
Trigger

• Variable (myVariable) reports 'changed'

Actions

• Wait for event 'certain time' is 9AM (so it doesn't notify at midnight)
  • Notify (add your devices) %myVariable%

When Daily Reminder reaches the next date in your text file, the rule should trigger, wait until your specified time of day and send the content of the variable to your phone or speak it in on compatible devices.

I know you could create one long rule including all of the dates to do that notification, but with Daily Reminder, it's easier to add, remove, amend the dates as you just update the .txt file and upload it again after deleting the old one.

1 Like

Thanks. I will give that a try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.