AcuRite 01536 Wireless Weather Station with PC Connect, 5-in-1 - Prime Deal

Just got an email that the AcuRite 01536 Wireless Weather Station with PC Connect, 5-in-1 will be an upcoming Amazon Prime deal. I swore I wouldn't buy another Acurite product, but if the price is right (after import costs) and I can easily get weather data into Weewx with no need to ever connect to an Acurite server, I'm game.

1 Like

Doesn't seem to have a LUX sensor.

Nope. Not an important measurement to me personally.

Just an update for anyone reading this. I now have an Ambient Weather WS-0900-IP and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Does not measure LUX either, but as I stated before, that's not an important measurement for me.The WS-0900-IP was a lower cost than the AcurRite 01536 (primarily because there is no display). Since the primary use for me is getting weather data into Hubitat and on my phone, this was a perfect choice.

One of the nice feature of the WS-0900-IP is it ships with a separate indoor temp/humidity/pressure sensor and outdoor temp/humidity sensor. This resolves the issue of inaccurate readings in a outdoor station, where the air temperature inside the housing rises higher than the actual ambient air temperature when in direct sunlight, requiring a fan to keep air circulating across the sensor to try to help mitigate the issue. However, many of the Acurite owners complain that this does not resolve the problem adequately or the fan fails.

1 Like

I love my Ambient Weather WS-8478 Falcon. I hope it last for a while.

We will see. This is my first station that measures wind and rain. I'm reading accounts of between 5-10 years, but closer to 5 due to wear and plastic getting brittle from UV exposure. It was $180 CAD total for me to import the WS-0900-IP into Canada, so if I get 5 years out of it, that's $3/month to measure the weather conditions at my home.

1 Like