"Actuator" missing from capabilities list

I tried to create a new rule this morning and I no longer see "actuator" in the capabilities list, so I can't use this for a custom command on a device for a conditional action. This seems to be the case for both legacy and RM 5. Is this a bug?

Edit, this might not be clear. For example, I had a rule that used the Blink API camera device, and had a condition "Camera - Kitchen Motion Detection Enabled(false) = false(T)". I think I created this using the Actuator capability in the action condition and I no longer see a way to add a similar condition.

I was able to select it in RM4:

Sorry, I clarified the original post. This is for a condition action for the conditional expression.

So are you saying you need to be able to select it here, when creating a condition? (I don't see Actuator here either)

Yes, I'm almost certain it used to be there and I don't see a way to recreate the conditions I already have in rules without it, although I think in this case I can use the custom attribute option as an alternative. Or am I missing something? I definitely have rules where I use custom commands in conditions and I am 99% sure I used the actuator attribute to define them.

Thanks

One for the HE staff I expect. They may want to confirm the HE version you are running.

I think this was just a memory lapse, I must have used custom attributes before. The look like function calls in the expression and I thought I had created them the same way I did custom commands for actions.

Good to hear you figured it out and can get back to setting up your rule.

1 Like