Ac remote emulation

Ive got an ac that uses an YB1FA ir remote any way to control that with hubitat?

What’s the a/c manufacturer?

1 Like

You might be able to get this working with a Broadlink hub, along with @tomw’s Broadlink integration.

3 Likes

Inova iwmcw

@aaiyar’s right that the broadlink integration linked above is the most flexible, and if your remote is IR, it can probably learn the codes.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Another option, although more expensive, is Sensibo. Very easy to use and also works with Hubitat.

2 Likes

Intresting but why if theres a cheaper one what does this offer that broadlink dosnt

Differently of Broadlink, you don't need "to teach" the codes to Sensibo, once it already has a database of several brands of AC codes.

Another advantage is the integration that already create a device that emulates an air conditioner to be controlled.

I have both, and if the price was the same I wouldn't hesitate to substitute my Broadlinks by Sensibos.

In other hand, Broadlinks are much more flexible to control other kinds of IR devices, rivaling and even surpassing in flexibility a Logitech Harmony - which I also use.

1 Like

Last time I checked, Sensibo’s API required connecting to their cloud. Far from ideal for controlling an air conditioner inside your house, while you’re inside your house.

There are also z-wave devices by Remotec that have a/c remote control code databases built-in for IR control of a/c’s. Some people use those devices instead of the Broadlink devices.

Yeah im not rich enough to spend 50 euro for possibility if simple setup