ABC and the Pico

I have been looking and can not find an answer. I have the Advanced button control setup and working to toggle on/off controls and scenes.

What I would like to do is to loop through scenes with a button.

I looked at the Scenes - Cycle Scenes but can not get anything setup. I try but nothing drops down under cycle on press or release.

What am I missing?

Gerald

Dumb question, but you do have scenes already defined (built) right?

My scenes show up under the cycle option with my ABC and Pico, so I think it should work.

1 Like

Not a dumb question. I imported them with CoCoHue.

Do I still need to make some?

I have zero clue about that app. Maybe post in the CoCoHue thread and see if anyone knows?

I just use the Hubitat Scenes (native app).

CoCoHue scenes are not Hubitat scenes, while ABC looks specifically for devices that have a device type matching Hubitat scenes. So, they won't work with ABC's "Cycle Scenes" feature directly. I wrote Dimmer Button Controller to make this possible with a few different options (manually specified settings, Hubitat Scenes, or now CoCoHue scenes; DBC predates CoCoHue, which I also wrote), so that might be something you want to look into if this feature is specifically what you want.

If you did want to use ABC for this, I'm not sure of the best way to do this without modifying the app (replace device.SceneActivator with device.CoCoHueScene if all your scenes are CoCoHue scenes but keep this in mind if you ever update ABC) or creating a Hubitat scene for the sole purpose of activating a CoCoHue scene, which you could do by utilizing the Hubitat scene's "push this button when this scene is activated" feature (CoCoHue scenes present themselves, in part, as button devices).

2 Likes