A way to disarm water monitoring only in HSM?

Is there a way to disarm water monitoring only in HSM? We have quite a few sensors dotted around the house and when cleaning I'd like to be able to temporarily disarm the water leak monitoring until done as I've been accidentily triggering them and annoying everyone with the alerts :slight_smile:

Another challenge I had today; when drying a water leak sensor, in the process of doing so it logs a series of wet-dry-wet-dry events all within the same minute. This in turn set off a series of audio alerts which I couldn't stop until one for each event was complete. You can imagine how unpolupar I am at the moment. Any idea how to prevent this in the future?

Get it out of HSM and into RM5, set a button on a dashboard to pause the rule. That said, it won't disable the audible alarm from the unit, you'll still have to dry it. My wife was mopping floor in the bathroom and used a bit too much water and it got the one under the sink wet. She then went to take a shower and didn't understand why there wasn't any water.... (I didn't have to do any testing that month :rofl:)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Are you suggesting using RM because it can't be done in HSM? I quite like that everything safety related is all centralised in HSM which is why I'm trying to manage it all there if possible..

Hopefully your wife has forgiven you! :grinning:

You can disarmed in HSM like the pic below.

1 Like

You can put a button on your dash for HSM (press and hold for option) but then you have several button pushes to go through. I prefer the clean just press a button and it's off. HSM is simply a condensed RM that does a few specific things. At least for myself it doesn't matter if something works in that vs RM or another APP. In the end they're all doing the same thing on the same box. That's just me though,.

2 Likes

Thanks, i’ve gone for the option of setting up the water leak monitoring/alerts in RM and removing them from HSM :+1:

1 Like

Test a random water sensor monthly to make sure stuff works...

1 Like