A very simple monthly Calendar app local to HE hub

A very simple monthly Calendar app (local only to the HE hub - built in app -
No Google Calendar) that pops-up and you select the dates by a "x" and fill in the optional times. The date/time will turn on/off devices in the future.

Application:

1. Quick calendar appointment pre-notification.
  2. Home automation on/off routines in the future.

Can it be done?

1 Like

Anything can be done, it's just code. :grin:

3 Likes

The UI would be the biggest issue…

3 Likes

A bit of HTML in an iFrame, capturing some JSON and an app / driver to do the scheduling and other stuff would all be doable...

There is a possibility I could part with some moolah if an app was created. :smiley:

I'm happy to have a go for free :slight_smile:

I'll setup a separate thread, rather than have it mixed up in a feature request, in case it gets legs and becomes built-in.

@user494,

By:

Do you mean you want something like this?

So you can select multiple dates throughout the month, then optionally select that events on each day are at a certain time, say 9am for example.

2 Likes

Is this thread a duplicate of the one below?

2 Likes

Think @sburke781 is planning on using this thread to track work on an option to address that one, leaving the original thread open to receive other suggestions.

Not simon’s thread. Two threads by OP on, I think, the same thing?

1 Like

It looks perfect!
Automation execution(s) with the date/time need only be executed on the minute.
Possible, upcoming dates/times could be viewed on the dashboard?

1 Like

Sorry that thread is also mine but I put it in the wrong forum section :roll_eyes:

I'm pretty sure you can just update the category, you don't need to post again.

2 Likes

I desperately want this to. None of the weekly based automations work for me because I work 4 on 4 off. That makes my week 8 days and always changing by 1 day every week. would love to set my alarm for the rest of the year (without Google).

On a side note if it's unlikely here anybody know if it can be done with Alexa?