A logging page without a left side menu

When trying to follow through a rule or some issue, I may end up with several tabs open. With a logging page, that side menu is so tempting that before I can stop my finger I have clicked on another menu item and spoiled my investigation. I think it would be really helpful to have the logging menu link to automatically launch the logging page in a seperate tab and with no left side menu. An option would be to also have a link available as http://hub_ip:81/logs

1 Like

"[hubip]/logs" works for me, as does "[hubip]/logs/past".

If you narrow the browser window to that (or any) page a bit, the left side menu disappears.

I realize that but I don't want to be switching back and forth between windows. On smaller screens like laptops it isn't as easy to manage multiple windows. With a large monitor it is easy to arrange multiple windows and easily view them all.

So, it's not a size thing it's a "help me stop doing what I know I shouldn't do" problem? How else would you get out of a logging window if they removed the left-hand menu?

A separate page would make pulling logs up on a mobile devices a real PITA.

1 Like

Just close the tab. If the logging page loads up in a separate tab on mobile, what's the difference.

With my Chromebook if I detach my Logs tabs then pin it to one side like doing a split screen I can then shrink the size of that window and at some point the left side menu hides itself replaced with the three bars pull down like I see from my phone.

I know I can do that. This is a feature request for a logging page with no menu. I usually have dozens of tabs open and either switching windows or shrinking the windows to fit two on screen isn't convenient.

It just seems like a silly problem to complain about. If you don't want to click somewhere, don't click on it. We all have to take some personal responsibility at some point. Yeah, I've done it too but it never even occurred to me to ask Hubitat to change. Maybe it's just me but asking Hubitat to change something because you can't resist clicking seems a little entitled.

For what? a change to the existing or something new? Do you know how many emails support would get if they made it a change? They would be flooded.

And to add some type of new feature...think of how much work would have to go into validating that for all the different browsers and platforms. All because you can't resist clicking on the left hand menu and the work around are inconvenient? That is a little unreasonable.

And you don't need to comment.

Nobody needs to comment on anything. You didn't need to make the feature request. But it's a public forum. You get to make your request and everyone else gets to comment on it. Otherwise you should have sent it in an email to support a PM to one of the staff members. No one gets to voice disagreement with you?