5V ESP8266 2 dry contacts Relay WiFi

It looks like a very nice tool
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WiFi-Relay-ESP8266-Momentary-Self-Locking/dp/B07T23CBXZ
Are there Drivers, even generic ones, to manage it?
just
sw 1 ON/OFF
sw 2 ON/OFF
maybe someting telling is alive

Pretty good, but it's cheaper to buy a nodemcu and a couple of relays.

Interesting as a pre fab though. =)

2 Likes

It's already made, is little

Sorry i'm noob
How i configure it?

Many users here do use a microcontroller unit, commonly abbreviated MCU (the esp8266 is one of the microcontrollers that people use). They purchase the microcontroller (typically $3-$10) and any sensors, relays, or switches that they would like to integrate with the microcontroller. At this point they write or modify an arduino sketch to program the microcontrollers to do what they want it to do in regards to the sensors, relays, or switches. This can then be integrated with hubitat with this: [Release] HubDuino v1.1.7 - Hubitat to Arduino / ESP8266 / ESP32 / ThingShield Integration (ST_Anything)

This may sound complicated and to a certain extent it is. But I have just started playing around with it and have built and integrated some really cool stuff and I have no prior experience in coding or computer programming.

1 Like

You think that this object nedd to be programmed?

It would need to be reprogrammed to integrate with Hubitat or at least to integrate with hubitat using Hubduino (the link I provided)

1 Like

I bring all my arduino devices into mqtt and integrate it back to Hubitat that way.

I prefer to go to MQTT 1st as that way I can use the data in any other software/system I want (node-red, home assistant, other).

But I used to bring it straight into Hubitat, and it worked great that way too!

Any/all esp8266 based generic solution will need to be programmed (at least a little) in order to bring it into Hubitat.

1 Like

My goal was just to have a cheap 2 dry contacts 5V powered. :slight_smile:

And you can do so... But it will take a little configuration/programming work.

There's no "free lunch" in life.

1 Like

Yes OK
I think in the web page like the shelly
No problem
I will buy it
Thanks all

1 Like

The Generic implementations for microcontrollers into Hubitat is way better than a specific implementation of one specific device. I suggested Hubduino, although other users utilize other methods.

To understand why the generic implementation is so much better, think of all the possibilities for the use of a microcontroller with attached sensors/relays/switches for home automation. There is literally tens of thousands of possibilities. If someone went through the trouble of writing one implementation a day for a specific device, they would only create 365 implementations after a year, only 3650 implementations after ten years. Why not create a generic implementation that allows the user to attach a variety of different microcontrollers with a variety of different sensors/relays/switches, and then integrate their unique solution into hubitat.

This requires a little effort on the part of the user, but 90% of the work is already done for you. I have no previous experience with programming or coding (when I took typing class in high school, pressing a key resulting in a mechanical bar flipping up and striking a piece of paper), and I had very little problems integrating one microcontroller ($8 cdn) to monitor and integrate my water meter, smoke detector, and 5 contact sensors.

2 Likes

I'm temped to push the solution button :slight_smile: