5V DC dual Relay

Hi guys

Looking for a very unusual recommendation I'm looking for a 5v DC. Dual. Relay that is either Z-Wave+ EU or ZigBee.

Anyone?!

@Cobra any recommendation?

If you're into true DIY, take a look at how to build your own with an ESP8266 or similar. I use dual relays for our Bearded Dragons heat lamps based on this architecture. Knock on wood, they have NEVER failed! They are IP based and not Z-Wave or Zigbee, but integrate perfectly with Hubitat. The Instructable below is from back when we were still on ST, but all still applies now to HE.

2 Likes

Unfortunately no.
It’s easy to do the other way (operate a 5vdc relay from HE)
But I don’t know of anything that works with 5vdc as the supply voltage

Andy

Thanks both.

Really wanted to avoid wifi/Lan devices.
I know Sonoff now has a 220v in and out zigbee switch.

By the way in my endless search i found out that the IKEA driver outputs between 8v to 24v so it can potentially be modded for those interested.

You can also use a smartplug and have a USB 5vdc adaptor plugging in it. In this case, 2 smartplugs and 2 adaptors.

1 Like

The reason why I want to use DC 5v is to not use 220v

This is the only somewhat customizable Zigbee device that i know of that can be powered by 5vdc. @iharyadi has been making enhancements, including the ability to use the GPIO for different purposes. I am not sure if it supports 2 digital outputs or not. You’d had to add your own relay(s) of course.

I have two of them that have been working great for months, providing temperature, humidity, pressure, and luminance data.

2 Likes