26933 GE motion smart dimmer

hello
Thanks for hte help. o got these installed and man the motion sense has been really bad, like i can walk most of the room bad

any ideas ? its like 3 seconds

I’m not seeing that. What do you have the motion sensitivity set to? The wording is backwards (but matches the docs). Low = low amounts of motion will trigger (I.e., high sensitivity, etc.).

What is the communication speed shown on Z-Wave details? Any errors? The Hubitat Mesh Details user app by @tony.fleisher provides a good view of what’s happening.

I’m not seeing instant, but it’s not as bad as you are seeing. Always much less than a second, probably 1/3 sec.

Are you doing any multi-tap stuff? Driver/device has to wait for that to know.

So i have tried everything i can think of light on almost always has a 3 second delay,
changed the mode back to vacancy (not sure how to verify this) but shouldn't this be instant now? as in the motion just turns on the light?
tried pull the disconnect for a couple minutes

i have tried low/medium/high
If i tap the On/OFF from hubitat device page the response is nearly instant.

is there a firmware update i need?

GE/Jasco has never done any firmware updates.

Perhaps Jason Bottjen (@JasonJoel), who wrote the driver and has bunches of these, has a suggestion.

I believe he uses a rule to set his to Occupancy (switch turn on and off automatically when motion) during the day, and Manual at night. That shows the speed of the motion sensor itself.

I just use the Motion App.

Edit: I see you are at 9.6 kbps. That’s slow communication. I have 2 at 100 kbps and 1 at 40 kbps.

Can you verify that you have no “ghost nodes”? (Z-Wave devices with no in, out clusters?

1 Like

i had it in manual but the respone was REALLY slow so for troubleshooting i moved it vacancy (witch i jsut relized is wrong lol)

going ot try occupancy now. that might help but the 3 second delay is very odd

what app now?

just these 2 active and working door locks

Ok, you need to get rid of those. They are screwing up your mesh. Power down the devices you were trying to pair when they happened (probably next higher nodes) because hub won’t remove if it can ping the devices. Hit Repair a bunch of time until you get Remove button, then remove. If that doesn’t work, post back and I will direct you to the big guns.

You are already in good hands - definitely need to get rid of those ghost devices though.

The parameters below are on my user driver - don't know if they are available on the in-box driver, haven't used it in a while.

Other than getting rid of the ghosts you can double check the dimming speed parameter (but it defaults to fast...):

And set the steps/% per step faster. 1 and 3 are the defaults, and are pretty fast, but making the 3 smaller and the 1 bigger makes it even faster. Setting % per step bigger makes it increase/decrease the dimmer more per each step. Setting it to 99 would theoretically make it go from 0-99% or 99-0% in one step:

working on those bad devices now

wait am i using the wrong driver? i dont have any those options

ah frig LOL i had the wrong driver picked in the device :frowning: let me rety now

this is what i see now

i can still walk all the way to sink before it turns on :frowning:

yeah even with your driver, I can walk the 12 feet to the switch and pass it and the another light htat have senses motion and kicks on (witch is one of my slowest light do to the really slow LED) and it still beats this kitchen light :frowning:

and i have in occ mode so it should be instant internal to the switch right? (current setting is low)

i was able to remove them do i need to run a repair?

A shutdown of the hub and removal of power for about 30 seconds might be better as it will clear the Z-wave stack.

1 Like
  1. When in OCCUPANCY mode, how fast does it START to turn on the light when there is motion? If it starts soon, but just ramps too slowly, then adjust the settings I mentioned above.
  • If it doesn't START very fast after motion begins - well I don't know. When in occupancy mode the turn on/off is all done in hardware in the device - it has nothing to do with your mesh at all - zero. So it wouldn't be a hub or mesh issue.

• The only times I've seen it seem slow in occupancy mode is if you have weird LED bulbs that take a high minimum voltage/current to turn on, have the dimmer speed set to 'slowly', or if the zwave step/% per step parameters were set to something weird.

1. Or if you really want to go nuts - put it in "Switch Mode" and see how fast it comes on. That is the fastest it can possibly turn on in the hardware. What you get in switch mode is it - it won't be faster than that with those bulbs and motion sensitivity settings no matter what you set any of the other settings to.
1 Like

if i adjust hte light from the device page it is instant, only if the motion is involed is it slow
the light still delay in occupancy mode, the only thing i i can think is my part part is 26932 and NOT 26933 maybe there is a difference? (i could find any difference at all in my searches)

Did you try either of things I mentioned above?

I have no idea what that means.

okay They REFUSE to delete, i have hit repair/refresh like 15-20 times and delete just as many times, the page just says waiting......... the refreshs and they are still there :frowning: