2023 camera video doorbell to buy at prime day?

It's currently Primes day on Amazon. What's the right video doorbell model that integrates perfectly with Hubitat and Google Home? Any recommendations? Wired if possible, I prefer to avoid battery issus...

I do not believe there are any video doorbells that offer direct integration. If you have hardwired doorbell chime, there are some devices you can connect to that to at least get notifications for rings via Hubitat. The Sage Doorbell Sensor is one such product, though I don't know if it's made any longer. A dry contact relay, maybe the Zooz ZEN17, could also likely do something similar (but I have not used any of these setups myself).

Video, of course, has no direct integration into the hub, nor is there much you could do if it did; depending on your solution, some users have found ways to get feeds into Dashboards if that is important you (I'm again not one of these people). If you aren't opposed to batteries, you'll of course have more options.

Personally, I use UniFi Protect cameras with a regular-ish doorbell (actually a smart button), and I'm happy with UniFi Protect features not being in Hubitat -- that app and system works fine on its own -- and a separate doorbell (doorbell cameras aren't really the best angle for me anyway, and this gives me a doorbell that can work with Hubitat). But that sounds like what you're not asking for. :smiley:

2 Likes

You can just use the Google Nest Doorbell and [RELEASE] Google SDM API - Nest integration to bring it into Hubitat.