After upgrading just minuttes ago mytwo hubs stopped talking together, meaning that almost nothing is working, since I have lost 255 out of 293 deviceces.
Powering off or rebooting idoes not help.
Everything have been almost ok uptill now
Running a c8 and a c7

Is it that Hub Mesh stopped? Or have each hub stopped talking across zwave and zigbee to the devices?

Just when writing everything came back but quite frustrating.
Let me know if you need any informaion

1 Like

How long were things down for?

About 10 to 15 minuttes

From 22:33 to 22:45 the log saidcould not fetch device information from source hub several times

That long a wait is pretty unusual however if you upgraded both hubs and have them rebooting around the same time, that can add a lot of stuff going on and cause some delays.

I havenโ€™t noticed this in a while, but have had it happen. Best thing to do is to freak out, then post something here. That way the hubs can fix themselves before you have time to break something. Also, I restart my C-8 a minute or so before my C-5 since the C-8 takes so much longer to boot up.

3 Likes

This might be the best advice I've yet seen posted anywhere in this community. Now I just need to remember to follow it.

5 Likes

I take a aimilar approach...pretty much everything on my C7 is shared to my C8, so I reboot the C7 first, wait a bit, and then reboot my C8. That way when the C8 comes up everything on the C7 should be ready and waiting to be linked to.

Truly good advice, but unfortunately it's the best advice that is hardest to follow. :wink:

And I wanted to note that I've personally seen Ken kicking his hub down the street shouting at it, so I think he must have pulled that advice out of a book or something. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

It's OK. I keep looking at my C8 thinking "#9 shot or #7?"

1 Like

Thanks all, Iwill bear that in mind.
On the old 2 x c7 I have allways upgraded them at the same time, now I will leave a little room in between

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.