2.3.4.127 - Mode Manager switching to incorrect mode on reboot

Tagging @bravenel @gopher.ny

2 Likes

After .128 the hub rebooted and the mode was fine

Went to bed at about 10:00, at midnight the mode changed back to Evening "by update"

Not good to deal with after just 2 hours of sleep

I just rebooted again and it is consistent. Set my mode back to Morning.

Something is really goofy with my modes. This is in my logs:

The hub is telling me it's in "Day" mode. My Room Lighting apps thinks it's "Morning" mode.

What mode was your hub in when you rebooted it? And was that mode set from the Times table in Mode Manager, or by some other mechanism? Please post a screenshot of the Times table from Mode Manager.

I was remote and hub was in Away mode. I remotely rebooted hub and it switched to morning mode when it rebooted.

Away mode would have been set by presence in the Mode Manager.

Thanks. That will be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

Mine did the same thing.

How about the issue I saw with my post above, here:

You can see in the logs the hub thought it was in Day and Morning mode at the same time.

Please show the RL setup page.

Here is the one that activated for "morning" even thought it was Day.

It's as if it missed the mode change when you changed it to Day mode, after Mode Manager erroneously set it to Morning. Yet, it shows Day mode for the condition.

It logs mode changes...

1 Like

In my case, it went to Sleep mode at 9:55pm as part of my good night routine, at midnight it went to Evening Mode by Update, no reboot was performed

@bravenel
Something still a little wonky (version 129) even though it appears to be working correctly.
The logs after rebooting show the status in the app name incorrect. However, the logs entries show the correct current status and the apps themselves do.

I noticed this before the update as well but thought there might just be a lag or caching issue in the name. However, now, both HSM and Mode Manager appear to show in the log names one mode ahead of what I am.

Actual Status in the apps - Shows correct

Logs

App Name status shows Night for mode and Armed Night for HSM. Before I updated, they were showing Early Morning and Disarmed (Even when I was away at work earlier today). I assumed that was just a caching issue with the names as that was the first entry after update and reboot. However, I have not yet encountered the conditions for Night mode since I have updated.

Mode Manager Settings

Those names in the log headers are not updated, but reflect the name of the app at the first time it logged. If the app changed the mode on restart, it would log that, but the app name would not have been updated yet as that only happens when the app is open in the UI.

I kinda thought that when I was seeing early morning in the name. However, it hasn't been "Night" since the update (still). That is what was puzzling me. When I updated, the name stated Early Morning. It was in the evening mode. So, when it booted after the update, it should have been "evening". However, it read "Night" from somewhere on reboot. I don't care as long as it is working properly. I just thought you might find it interesting that it is not reading the actual current status when it reboots...... and wondering if that isn't somehow related to the previous issues you have been chasing. (apologies if it seems I was complaining. I was just trying to give data in case it is useful)

Again, it appears to be flowing correctly. So, no issues that I have seen as yet.

Also, I just noticed this flag. I don't recall seeing that before (not sure if it was there and I just ignored it :man_shrugging:) Is that new? Any chance that might have caused the issues of Modes being set to home while away on reboot in a couple of the previous comments?

As I said above, those names don't mean anything about the state of the app or the mode.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.