[2.3.1.134] C7 Z-wave Force Remove error

Was playing with a device (new iblinds v3 motor) and was trying to exclude to put back in the box. It wouldn't recognize the exclude so finally waited for the force remove prompt. Click Force Remove and get this. (Device still there, click remove, wait for Force Remove button, click Force remove, get same error. Rinse and repeat) Have shutdown hub and unplugged then powered back up. Same issue. Maybe @bcopeland can check logs

1 Like

oo.. Please PM me your hub id

1 Like

done. Unit is plugged back in but unresponsive

I have the same issue.

I am having this same issue. I have 2 devices that will not remove. I have gone into settings>zwavedevices>repair. Then see the remove button. I press remove. Still shows device. I have shut down pulled power for 10 seconds and then replugged in power.

Then have to start process above over with no luck still. I have also waited several days retrying the process and still is not removing 2 devices

Any other suggestions ?

Are you doing a repair or a refresh the get the remove option to show? Should be using refresh.

I re-ran the procedure ensuring I was refreshing.

1 device was successfully removed

1 device still will not.

Can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety? (use windows snip)

I have other dead devices that I need to get off as well. Such as the front room light. I just purchased new zooz switches to replace these. But want to get this cleaned up before adding. The front door lock also stopped responding, so I need to get that off as well or hopefully it resolves once these dead devices are gone.

You have possibly several ghost devices. (Not showing routes). You might think about re pairing them. For the door lock one (0x39), remove the batteries from the lock. Shut down the hub from settings, then unplug for 5 mins. Power back up the hub, click refresh then remove again and wait to see if the force remove comes up.

(0X39) is the binary switch that will not remove. I have removed all the other ghost devices with no routing. This is the only devide that will not remove itself.

oops, sorry, meant that one. Click discover on 0x5b and see if it connects. If not that is another ghost. If you can get rid of either you will need a z-wave stick to remove them...

Sorry.

Here is everything again. The only device that is not kicking is the 0X39

It is odd that it is showing neighbors and it looks like it has been there for a while unless everything below it was just added very recently. Usually neighbors will drop down to 1 after a few days if the device is not active.

Try running a repair on it, see if that works or fails. Not meaning repair then remove, just a repair. Interested if possibly the device is still online and responding.

can you pull power to 0x5c (kitchen pantry light) Shut down the hub, unplug power for 2 mins then power back up. Then try the remove process? (in "most" cases the ghost is created by the higher successful one) If it doesn't work though you will likely need a stick...