2.2.9.128 update stuck

2.2.9.128 update has been "applying the update" for over 30 minutes. I'm feeling it is not going to complete. What option do I have to STOP the update and revert back to my last platform which was 2.2.8.156? This is on a C7 hub

Before you do that, you might want to try opening up another browser tab and see if you can access the hub.

Tried that and The "Site can't be reached"

I’m guessing the next step might be a forced power down and then power up, but I’ll defer to @gopher.ny

:8081 can't be reached as well. By forced power down do you mean pulling the power?

It's likely that the hub jumped on the new IP address. Try find.hubitat.com and click on Connect to hub for the hub in question. If you tell me hub name, I can check it through the support tool, too.

4 Likes

You da man - it is on a new IP address and I'm connected. Why didn't I think of that? I suppose partly because I'm an old guy ;-(

Anyway I am happy now and I'm going to check out some of the new features. This is a BIG update to say the least - you guys and gals are working overtime on this stuff. Thanks again.

1 Like

May want to consider giving it a DHCP reservation if your router supports it.

2 Likes

It does, and I have looked into that, and I'll get to it now that I see I really need it.

I had the same issue and I was using DHCP reservation.
To make a long story short I was forced to unplug the hub revert to the old platform, soft reset, restore database, and applied the update again.
This only happened on the C7 and not the C5. The C5 went through without any issue.

1 Like

Bummer - I'll keep this in my notes in case I experience it in the future - thanks for sharing.

Or set a fixed IP address on the hub itself.

Exactly how do you do that?

I found it under settings, but it looks like a place for me to get into a bunch of trouble. I'm better off doing it on my Asus router.

if you updated with your config whilst using a reverse proxy or port forwarding the update would also appear stuck. your only option to use the actual device IP on network. looking for a way of disabling this feature.

i have the same issue, but my hub is on fix ip. I can access to the hub and control everything, but in the update page it says "applying update"...it's been like that for 1 hour and i'm scared to reboot the router in case i may break it.

Any suggestions please?

What color is the hub LED?

If hub responds and update has been going on for 10 minutes or more, give the it a reboot and try updating again. If you PM me the hub id, I'll also check the logs for any potential clues.

1 Like

Wise choice. If your router is using DHCP to assign IP addresses anyway, DHCP reservation is the way to go IMO.

3 Likes

Not an issue in OP’s case.

1 Like