[2.2.9.128 C7] Scene Device Not Updating?

LOL we thought of the same thing I think, just explained it different. Waaaaaay too much work to recreate something that worked perfectly fine in 2.2.8 :frowning:

Actually, it did not work so well in previous releases. The Scene state was regularly not reflecting the state of the devices. Combined with the occasional gremlins where some devices don't obey a command sent to them, it was a bit of a mess. You could do a "refresh" to get the hub & the device back in agreement--but the Scene often wouldn't show the proper state.

In this release, so far in my limited testing, the scenes are acting FAR more predictably. And, when I manually turn devices on/off, the scene states are changing exactly as expected--all things that were not previously behaving reliably.

So, all in all, I'm thrilled.

And, perhaps, they'll come up with something even better...but this is at least very workable (prior to this hotfix, the inability to "test" the scene state was presenting problems for several of my use cases).

As long as I have a useable workaround, I am usually at least satisfied. :slight_smile:

Note the use of the "Private Boolean" flag to try to prevent infinite loops--that's the key thing.

I will look into this further. There was a use of the activation device as an indicator that used to work, and possibly it got thrown out by mistake.

1 Like

The Scene activator as indicator problem has been solved, and the fix will be in the next hot fix release.

1 Like

One more thing I noticed in the scenes app was that when I add a new device to a scene, it won't show in the Adjust Scene Settings page for manual edit. (I've hit the refresh device list, update scene buttons many times, and also restarted the hub) Anyone else having that issue?

I will look into it. The way the app works leaves it vulnerable to not knowing about devices added after a Scene was created, but the Refresh Device List is supposed to fix that. Worst case work-around, create a new Scene.

I missed the detail of not seeing it in Adjust Scene page. You first must Re-Capture the Scene. The Adjust Scene page is driven off the captured devices. I just added a new device to my hub, added it to the Scene, and sure enough, it doesn't show up in Adjust Scene. But, once I hit Re-Capture, presto, there it was.

Thank you for the help @bravenel , that worked!

Probably the app should make this clear.

This bug was fixed in latest release:

4 Likes

Can confirm it works as it did on 2.2.8 now! My scene device that is mapped to a scene in Homekit works properly again for a toggle on/off even when some devices get changed manually it stays in sync. I never saw your reply 4 days ago and here I was sitting here thinking it was just being ignored until I saw the .130 release notes earlier today!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.