[2.2.6.140] Scene Issues

@bravenel Thanks for the explanations in the other thread. To avoid diverting it, I will put a few things I'm seeing with scenes here.

1. When trying to add "activate scene" commands, a couple of scenes I had clearly defined (they showed up in the list of scenes and had a corresponding device--they were Scene 1.2 version)--weren't in the list to choose from. I had to edit the scene, change the name, save it, then change the name back, and save again. Suddenly, they appeared in the list. Nothing was logged. It was just unexpected and odd.

2. I have a scene that is showing "active" in the scene list but the "scene device" is still "off"--any idea how that would happen or why? This is part of what I was asking about in the other thread (in this case, I did a "scene activate" command; then I did refreshes and "push button 1" for the scene--the scene got set correctly, but the virtual device didn't reflect that. Again, I don't see anything in the logs of note (i.e., no errors)

Note: I reviewed the "Captured & Set" list and it shows that it is properly activated with all settings matching properly.

You have to hit Done in a Scene for it to be registered with the parent app, Groups and Scenes. The parent app makes the list of Scenes available to other apps. If you change the name of a Scene without hitting Done, it probably doesn't show up in the list anymore.

As I explained in the other thread, the scene activator device is only going to reflect the state of the scene after the scene is activated (by whatever means), and some device in the scene responds to the activation by reporting an event consistent with the captured state. No doubt there are possible combinations of actions you might take that would thwart that outcome.

I thought I'd done the "Done"--but who knows it's working now.

Still not getting scene states right.

All of my lights were properly set to the captured state. When looking at the Scene itself, it was happy (non-optimized scene):

However, the Scene's device was "Off".

I pressed the device's Push Button 1 a couple times, which triggers a bunch of commands/responses to/from the devices it seems. However, the scene device stayed "Off".

When I did a "On" to the Scene Device, it stayed "On". The "Push" and "Activate" methods never seem to cause the Scene Device to be set to "On"--only using the "Switch On" command seems to do that.

However, the Scene still shows "(Not Set)" (as shown above) even though every device appears to match the capture setting.

Note: I've seen the Scene Device stay ON when things are NOT in the right state--perhaps that is because those errant devices never had an updated status get back to the hub, so it ignored them (setting it to "On" makes it go On initially, as long as every incoming event for devices in the scene aligns with what's captured, all is good--but a device that doesn't respond/has a response lost won't have an event to turn the scene device off; even if the device's saved state doesn't align with the scene's capture settings).

Based on your descriptions, this isn't entirely the behavior I expected.

Note: My purpose in digging into "Scenes" is twofold: 1) I was hoping to use the Scene Device with the upcoming Inovelli 5-buitton switch as a way to determine which "mode button" LEDs to light up and, 2) Maybe as a bonus, come up with a fairly easy way to ensure all my lights are set as desired at night/away/home/working (before, I'd often have to manually set the stragglers).

Thanks.

FYI. This scene show "(Not Set)" even though every listed device is perfectly aligned with the captured state:

And, also, the Scene Device's state shows "Off" when it should be "On":

Note: I clicked "Activate" in the Scene itself and nothing changed (it did log that it sent commands to the devices).

This is a pointless pursuit. I'm not going to chase down your issues with Scenes. Please stop creating new topics about it.