2.2.5 sengled and pico

After updating my c-5 hub to 2.2.5.123, my Pico is unable to turn on my sengled bulb.

Before the update, it has worked perfectly for months. Nothing else has changed except for the update.

I can control the sengled bulb from the device page.

Is anyone else experiencing weirdness with Pico and sengled bulbs after the update?

1 Like

Does the Pico work in Hubitat? Do the logs show button presses, and does the states on the device setting page change?

Maybe you are having Telnet or Lutron integration issues?

2 Likes

The logs correctly show the button presses.

The device page correctly shows the level changing when I press the Pico button, but the bulb shows off (and is actually off). When the level changes the bulb should turn on, but it doesn’t.

Using a rule, button controller, or how are you tying these together?

I’m using a rule.

Prior, the bulb would turn on with only a dim command. I just now added an explicit on command after the dim command, and now it’s working

As I stated earlier, it has been working fine for months before the 2.2.5 update.

Does this mean something with the Sengled driver changed in 2.2.5?

I have a number of Picos with this rule, so this means a lot of editing rules for me.

1 Like

Bug Fixes

• Sengled Drivers: fix setLevel not turning bulb on if there wasn’t any change in the level request.

I am not sure if that affects your situation or not?

Did you try any of the new advanced drivers and see if that makes a difference?

Yes I'm having random issues with my sendled bulbs too. Sometimes the work fine, sometimes unresponsive. Worked perfectly with my Pico's for about a year before this. The par30 bulbs are impacted the most

Highly recommend the new Advanced Zigbee Bulb drivers. I've switched my Sengled bulbs to them. If you want try them, make sure you hit the Configure button after changing the driver. The driver will do several tests and will turn on the light while doing them. The new drivers are faster for me than the Sengled driver, and very reliable.

If you are using a rule to make the pico remote work I would suspect the rule got broken in the 2.2.5 upgrade. The same happened to me, you can try re-saving your rules but I had to delete and recreate them to get them working again post-upgrade.

+1
i've had sengled bulbs (both colour and white versions) working fine for a long time - until now.
strong mesh, lots of powered devices, so don't believe thats the issue.
now the sengled bulbs seem to randomly and regularly drop off the mesh, become unresponsive, or perhaps both.
causing lots of WAF issues at the moment, and only switching off/unscrewing gets them going again.
i followed the instructions from @mike.maxwell on other related threads , making sure to use the new adv zigbee driver and clicking configure. the lights respond during the configure, but behaviour of these bulbs is continuing to be a nightmare..