2.2.4 Z-Wave Repair Oddness

Hey everyone, been lurking and learning for awhile and really appreciate the breadth of knowledge and kinship this community has.

This morning I updated to 2.2.4.139, performed a reboot afterward, and for awhile everything worked fine. I let the Z-wave network settle for 4-5 hours after reboot and performed a repair as there have always been odd routes listed (i.e. routing loops where the secondary connections are faster and more reliable than the primary connections the secondaries talk through). The repair hung, and most devices failed.

I then updated to 2.2.4.142, performed a shutdown, unplugged, waited 5 minutes, re-plugged, and let the Z-wave network settle for another 4-5 hours. When I tried to do a repair on a single device (a repeater), the repair fails always at the "assigning route 5" step. Subsequent repairs fail and/or receive a "network busy message." I don't have the most robust network, but I do have ~15 devices that are all within decent proximity to the hub/repeater. Prior to 2.2.4, I've never had an issue with performing a repair. Here's what I'm seeing in the logs:

Once a repair is initiated (total network repair or individual device repair), everything Z-Wave begins crawling/not responding to controls until I perform a hub reboot.

Any insight or assistance would be most appreciated.

Please REVERT to the previous version ASAP.

There were issues with .142 and it's been pulled from distribution. A new version is slated for tomorrow (Thursday).

As far as previous version, is the general consensus 2.2.3 or 2.2.4.139? I only ask because everything was very stable and responsive on 2.2.3.

If you're happy, there may be little reason to move.

However, they really did a bang up job in 2.2.4 in terms of making things more reliable. It's not perfect yet-but it's generally lot better that 2.2.3. For C7 devices, they redid the Z-Wave implementation dramatically.

They also added some cool features and a bunch of device drivers.

Take a backup in any case.

1 Like

2.2.4.141 is good for me on C7.

2 Likes

For new users, could someone please post a link to instructions on HOW to revert back to a previous version? .141 seems fine for me, but I'm betting new users who updated to .142 are thinking, "Oh, ____!", and I know I have no idea how to revert back if I needed to do so.

Go to Settings | Backup and Restore

Above the database backups is a link that reads something similar to Revert Back to Previous Version

For those on .142 that need to revert, if you click on the Check for Updates it will give you the option there to revert.

2 Likes

I reverted to .141, shutdown waited 5 minutes, powered up, and now everything seems to be working normally again. All devices are responsive and the repair completed (mostly) successfully. The repair failures are on a couple of devices that are at the boundary of the Z-Wave mesh. I'll be adding more devices & repeaters shortly which should help strengthen the mesh.

Thanks for the advice/info everyone!

3 Likes