2.0.7 Broke My House Alarm and Dashboards

Moving my hub to v2.0.7 last night is turning out to have been a mistake, and has resulted in my family's first frustration with our system since my migration from IRIS.

I have two Iris v2 and one Centralite keypads, multiple dashboards for HSM control & status, and two Kconnected Inc panels for hardwired sensor termination. It's all haywire now.

Even after moving the Iris KPs to the correct driver, they seem brain dead, making sporadic beeps at random times, and may or may not actually arm nor disarm the system with pin entry.

Just got a call from my son, and could hear the horn sounding in the background (connected to Kconnected panels). Dashboard said system was disarmed, and me hitting disarm all did nothing to stop the horn, nor did entering pin codes. Finally had to unplug the Konnected panel to shut the darn horn up.

So yah, this sucks. Can a hub be downgraded?

Yes, quite easily. Several previous versions are stored and can be restored.

That's good news, I'll dig into that tonight. Thanks!

From the Backup and Restore page under Settings:

The link near the top that says: "If you want to restore a previous Platform Version click here."

It takes you to this page to allow you to select a prior version:

Wonderful, thank you! I'm hoping my two WiFi connected Konnected INC panels migrate back to a working status as do the keypads.

Not sure if this would help, but did you hit "Configure" after choosing the new drivers for these keypads? Usually a good idea when changing Zigbee device drivers.

In the short term, either a firmware downgrade (seems more likely to help to me) or a restore of a hub database backup should help. The posts above show you both, but I'd highly recommend restoring to a 2.0.6 database backup if you downgrade to that firmware due to breaking changes in 2.0.7 with, at least, Rule Machine (might be OK if you don't use that). But I'd try the driver first and maybe see what happens in the logs when you try to use them. I'm sure Support would be interested in figuring out that problem.

At first I did not do a configure per the post instructions, but when the KPs still didn't work right I did try that, but didn't help.
That was my plan yes, to move the firmware back to 2.06, then restore the DB that matches the code to avoid any code mismatches.

Success, I'm back on v2.0.6.112 and the keypads, dashboards, and Konnected sensor panels are working great again. I want to be on the newer firmware but am now skiddish... :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have found out today as well that my Keypads no longer work after the update. I get an error everytime I go to arm with a keypad and nothing happens. The Keypad shows armed but HSM or my other keypad do not change.

I guess I spoke too soon. I went in and hit configure on both keypads and now they work again.

1 Like

Lot's of people stay right where they are when things are stable. Nothing wrong with that. It's why they designed the system like they did and it's very unique in the consumer automation space.

I usually only update if I see something that I think will be useful. If I see a bunch of changes in the release notes that don't effect anything I have I typically stay put. This time around, I did update my home hub, but I'm a beta tester, so I saw how things were working on my test hub first.

Something still could have gone off the rails, because I don't have all the devices on my test hub. But I really don't get overly concerned because I know I can just roll back to the previous platform release.

2 Likes