[Solved] 2.0.6. All my Xiaomi devices went offline

Disaster has struck.
Since the 2.0.6 update 70% of my Xiaomi zigbee devices are not working. Re-paired them OK.
The rest then dropped off after a short period.
Now just been round all the devices and re-paired them.
Not hopeful that they will remain connected. :rage:

I've been using 2.0.6 for a while and had a few of mine go offline, but I also moved a Zigbee router around the same time as this update, and Xiaomi devices don't like to hop to different routers (repeaters) after pairing in my experience. (Others have noticed them moving, so it probably depends no what routers you're using. Mine are all XBees, Tradfri outlets, or the Environment Sensor device from here.) After re-pairing in situ, mine have stayed connected for several days so far. It also only affected a few of them.

I assumed moving things around was my problem rather than the firmware update, but I'd be curious to see what others' experiences here are too. Good luck! (If my experience applies to you, hopefully you won't need it.)

1 Like

Is it a mixture of xiaomi devices? Or mostly one type?

2.0.6. only came out a few hours ago.
I have not moved anything for weeks so routing should not be an issue.
Everything was fine. Updated to 2.0.6 a couple of hours ago and motion and contact sensors have dropped off.
Some I've already re-paired once and are now not working.
Zigbee enhancement, not for me I'm afraid.
Looks like I'm going to have to revert back to 2.0.5.

I remember seeing discussion about issues with xiaomi devices in 2.05 that required a driver update. Are you upgrading from 2.04 to 2.06 and have you upgraded your xiaomi drivers since 2.04?

@veeceeoh @bravenel
Oh dear. Looks like I'm going to have to revert back. The Xiaomi / Aqara devices are just not staying connected.
I'v re-paired 5 motion sensors and 2 contact sensors twice now.
They have never shown any issues in the past during updates.

I held back on the 2.0.5 update until the Xiaomi drivers were updated.
When they were released I updated them all then went up to 2.0.5. and had no issues at all.
This update however.....................................

I was about to update myself, but have a pretty stable install now including many Xiaomi devices, so thanks @bobbles for the heads up!

Maybe @chuck.schwer can expand on the ZigBee changes that were in 2.0.6?

Others have reported on another thread that all is good. Not for me though.

I'm afraid I am completely in the dark on the changes.

I don't know if one has to ask or be invited to get on the beta testers program, but I was certainly not invited.

I upgraded this morning, haven’t had any issues. I upgraded the drivers as soon as they were completed.

Yeah. Me too.

Absolutely bizarre. I do have a couple of repeaters, but not many. I don’t have the tech to be able to see where they’re repeating sadly.

I've checked all my Xiaomi/Aqara devices and all are showing the 2.0.4/2.0.5 button so I know I have updated to the latest drivers.

I've loaded the update and hotfix and devices have not settled in yet. I did not update my C4 hub that is using nothing but Tradfris for repeaters and several Xiaomi devices.

This is a sample for a Iris Fob on a C5 hub with Iris 3210s as repeaters. It's been almost 30 minutes after the hotfix

restart

I've been using the beta for the last week or so. :wink: So far so good on the public release, too.

Exactly how many Zigbee devices are connected to your hub?

I've been using the Zigbee enhancements for over a month now. All very good here, with nearly 100 Zigbee devices on each hub.

Argh. Looks like all of my Xiaomi temp/humidity sensors are not reporting either.