12V battery voltage monitor for a backup battery (e.g. Sump pump, Reef Tanks ... )?

That's great. So it looks like I need to get at least one, maybe more, since it looks pretty flexible.

To confirm, is this the right one? Shelly Uni purchase page

Shelly Uni product product page

Yup, thatโ€™s the one. You may want to compare the shipping cost of the Europe vs US store - I found that it was much, much cheaper to ship from Europe than from the US (Iโ€™m in Canada).

2 Likes

I finally got 4 pack of Shelly Uni delivered yesterday and hope to install them today. I got them from Shelly Shop USA for $43.63 + shipping with USPS 1st class mail ... it took almost 2 weeks to get them, so next time I'll upgrade the shipping. Hopefully it will go smoothly. I haven't decided on whether to use the Shelly app and/or Hubitat to monitor voltage and get alerts. I installed the Shelly app last week and it looks awesome, Now I want to also figure out how to integrate it with Hubitat.

1 Like

FYI, I finally got the low voltage alert working today ... see this thread for more info - Vote for Shelly UNI - #70 by olliesshop.

This thread is great; thanks! @olliesshop from your description of everything, sounds like you're using the UNI to monitor the car battery and it's just an alert style setup at this point?

I found the thread looking for a solution to monitor 12v batteries for a similar scenario. My boat's batteries power the bilge pumps, so if the charger is not working, shore power GFCI trips and takes away charger power, etc., the battery can ultimately run down and let too much water build up because the pumps will no longer be working. I have a few Shelly 1's out on the dock already to shut off equipment, so I know wifi reaches out there. Sounds like I could hook the UNI to the relevant batteries and the existing Hubitat drivers will be able to expose the voltage readings so I could get an alarm if the voltage goes below a worrisome threshold?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, there are community drivers that expose the voltage and it can be used as a trigger for a rule. I do this for my solar panel and it works great!