120v circuit energization transmitter/notifier

Is there a device that would sense when you turn on a 120vac circuit and transmit it's on/off state to Hubitat? Something that you could wire into an existing light circuit that doesn't control it, but just lets the system know if it's on or off?

1 Like

Welcome to the Hubitat Community. There are many ways to do it. Some use bulbs, some use transmitters, etc. Just search for power loss or power failure. You'll find multiple posts and multiple ideas, including several examples of custom code to work with those ideas.

Here's one

1 Like

Instead of looking for a report on the 120v circuit, why not just control the 120v circuit from HE. Then it would always know what the state of the circuit is. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions noted so far! I'm sort of surprised there isn't a micro transmitter out there that accomplishes this. But since one of my hobbies is building audio amplifiers from scratch, I won't have any problems modifying a sensor to do this.

I don't want to control via HE because I want to use an existing light switch to acknowledge our return home as a stealth mode change input. Hide in plain site, so to speak. But I could install a smart switch and accomplish the same thing.

Use an in-gang micro-relay behind that existing light switch. There are z-wave and zigbee ones supported by Hubitat (eg. made by Qubino, Aeon Labs, and Fibaro).

So those devices will update the position of the switch/circuit to the Hub when the manual light switch is utilized? If so, that will work for what I'm trying to accomplish. Looking at this one specifically... Flush 1 Relay - Technical specifications | Qubino

Do you mean have the switch set up to control a relay? Like the external switch setup for the quibino? That's a VERY expensive solution to this but yes, that would work. You would have to have something turn it back off so that you could turn it on again.

Is there anything on the this 120v circuit? It sounds to me like this could be accomplished much easier by replacing the switch with a button Controller.