1-10V dimmer for lights

Has anyone found a smart dimmer that works with 0-10v lighting and hubitat. I don't really care if its z-wave, zigbee or wifi. I don't think there's many choices. I've found this on amazon but have no idea if it will work.

https://www.amazon.com/Zerodis-DC12V-24V-Wireless-Controller-Smartphone/dp/B07FKFG7K3/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=1-10v+smart+dimmer&qid=1558299322&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Thanks!

There's this one:

2 Likes

Have you had any experience with that one?

Nope...I just remembered that I'd seen it so i figured that was better than nothing.

OK Thanks for pointing it out i will try and find some more info on it.

Insteon makes one, but it is more of an investment than the Qubino Flush, since you would need an Insteon hub and a Raspberry Pi.

https://www.insteon.com/0-10v-ballast-dimmer

Rock solid devices though, and nice hardware features. They never lose their connection to the hub. I don't have this particular module, but I do have Insteon dimmers, switches, outlets and micro modules.

Thing is I only have one 0-10v light in the whole house, rest of my house is Lutron Caseta and a couple of zigbee bulbs. I can't justify buying the Insteon for the one light lol. I'm considering the Qubino I'm just trying to work out how hard it is to install. I was hoping someone else in the community might share their experience with it.

Of course :wink: Just thought I'd throw it out there. Several people, @csteele and others have experience with the Qubino. Don't know about that particular model though.

Why not just "borrow" it from Amazon and see if it works they way you want?

I have one in my bathroom(qubino that is), works well!

Only downside is that it requires a dc input (12/24v).

1 Like

@scottr1976 now that @broberg wrote the Qubino requires 12/24v, it reminded me of another Z-Wave option.

Fibaro FGRGBWM-441 RGBW Controller.

FIBARO RGBW Controller is a universal, Z-Wave compatible RGB/RGBW controller. FIBARO RGBW Controller uses PWM output signal, which enables it to control LED, RGB, RGBW strips, halogen lights and fans. Controlled devices may be powered by 12 or 24 VDC. In addition the device supports up to four, 0V – 10V analog sensors, such as temperature sensors, humidity sensors, wind sensors, air quality sensors, light sensors etc. All IN and OUT terminals may be user configured for LED control or 0V-10V signal readouts.

Can I ask which DC 12/24v input you used?

I have constant voltage driver for a LED-strip, (and a 0-10v dimmer after that) so I could just use the driver to power my qubino.

So
12v power supply -> pwm dimmmer -> led strip
|-> qubino ------------∆

Ok thanks. One last question :slight_smile: Do you still have a standard 0-10v dimmer switch on the wall or did you bypass that or something.

No, My house don't have any wall switches, it's all controlled wireless.

Wait.. I have two, to controll the roller blinds over a 2x2m glass section. (But they are hooked up to qubino flush shutter relays)

Hi I managed to pick up a qubino dimmer for 30 bucks new on ebay. But I was just wondering. At the moment I have one switch for 2 70w intergrated led lights. Does anyone know if I need a seperate qubino driver for each light?

I'm not following, are these the lights with a 0-10v input? If so, you just use the same output of the qubino to both lights. (And one small single ac to dc driver to power the qubino)

If it's a regular qubino flush dimmer for two 70W (140W total) it will most likely work, it his however at the max power limit for the qubino.

Yes they have a 0-10v input. Sorry to ask but a similar question was asked on amazon and they answered he'd need two and I couldn't understand why, so I was just checking.

Thanks for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.