1.1.1.19 through 1.1.3.114 not working for webCoRE

You love circles

My sister loves triangles

3 Likes

Personally, I’m more of a square type of guy

2 Likes

Always knew you were a square. Theory confirmed. I've always been well rounded myself.

Other in here seem to have sharp corners but insist on trying to force themselves into round hole.

8 Likes

Hahah!
This made me laugh!

1 Like

I have gone back through the webCoRE issues related to 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

There were changes made to the platform in 1.1.2 related to HTTP Post. These were documented in the release notes. WebCoRE had to be updated to incorporate these changes, and I believe that it was. It would have thrown errors prior to being updated.

There were undocumented system methods that were removed in 1.1.3. WebCoRE was using two of these methods, and it consequently broke. WebCoRE had to be updated to reflect these changes, and I believe that it was. It would have not worked prior to being updated, once a hub was on 1.1.3.

So, one possibility is that if anyone is running old versions of WebCoRE, as opposed to the latest version, they might very well have problems. The fix for these would be to update WebCoRE to the latest version.

If someone has updated WebCoRE to the latest, and still has issues, we don't know why. We are not aware of other changes to the platform software that would be responsible for this. There were actually very few changes made to the platform code in 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, beyond the two described above.

We have looked at several hubs that have been experiencing slowness. All but one of those hubs is running webCoRE. That is simply a statement of fact, not blaming webCoRE for anything. We don't know why those hubs are running slow, and as I said earlier, we have expended a great deal of effort looking into it. The one other hub that is reporting slowness is due to a now diagnosed problem in that person's Z-Wave network. We know of no other hubs reporting slowness. I don't know what conclusions, if any, one should draw from this information.

If anyone has a hub that is slow, and is not running webCoRE, we would very much like to look into the matter. We have examined slow hubs running webCoRE and have gained no insight. I don't say this to suggest that it's just too bad that you're running webCoRE. I say it because perhaps in such a non-webCoRE hub we might find something that would help all hubs. It is possible that there is some issue in the platform that we have not yet diagnosed. It doesn't really do much good to suggest that you remove webCoRE to see if you hub speeds up -- if all of your automations are in webCoRE. But, if you have only 1 or 2 pistons, you could make a backup of the database, remove webCoRE, and see if it makes any difference or not. Knowing the answer to that would obviously be helpful in narrowing the scope of the problem.

9 Likes

See this post: Have there been any improvements with 1.1.3.114?

1 Like

I had 1.1.3.114 installed but rolled back to 1.1.1.19 again. it was painful

I wasn't suggesting that you roll back. Is your webCoRE fully up to date? You would have rolled back because of the problems I just posted about, to get it working again. The latest version of webCoRE has resolved those issues, and should run on the latest platform build.

No i restored an old backup sending webcore back to the old state. I was just stating that i had 1.1.3.114 installed but rolled back because I had ongoing issues. I did not mean to sound negative about it. I would uninstall webcore in a heartbeat if it helps you to fix it and i have 16 pistons running on it. - rephrase:
I updated webcore to the latest. upgraded to 1.1.3.114 and still had ongong issues. But my hub hasn't functioned properly for 2 days. I rebooted last night before i went to bed, but issues were ongoing until today. Did the update after work. let it sort out for an hour or so and just rolled back about 20 minutes ago. Everything working great. Restored an old backup.

Here's something to bear in mind: It's very visible when we update the platform -- we announce it. At the very same time, changes are being made to webCoRE. Those are probably discussed in the appropriate topics here -- I don't personally know. Something is causing webCoRE to burn up CPU resources. Which is it? Is it the platform changes or changes to webCoRE? Or some unknown interaction between changes to the platform and changes to webCore? No one knows.

What we do know is that webCoRE is having problems that result in hub slowdown. I don't think there is any dispute about this. For goodness sake don't take this as "blaming" webCoRE. I'm just stating an observable fact, for which we collectively have no explanation.

1 Like
  • rephrase:
    I updated webcore to the latest. upgraded to 1.1.3.114 and still had ongong issues. But my hub hasn't functioned properly for 2 days. I rebooted last night before i went to bed, but issues were ongoing until today. Did the update after work. let it sort out for an hour or so and just rolled back about 20 minutes ago. Everything working great. Restored an old backup.
1 Like

My two cents.

I think it’s great that they allow for people to write their own apps and drivers.

But I don’t see how that obligates them to support everything that the community could possibly develop.

Please tell me what I am missing?

5 Likes

My view is that they provide the platform and the app developers write their app to that platform.

Hubitat is still growing and as such there are bound to be changes that the app developers will need to adapt to. (Alphabet doesn't change Android to suit the Facebook app, Facebook changes their app).

5 Likes

I hope you are talking about me!

I had WebCore in ST, when I got HE was to have local processing, and I did, I moved all my pistons to RM and SL, everything works perfect, just some delays when I add my zwave lock to HE.

I want to leave something clear, maybe in my post/threads I sound rude, I'm not, is just English is not my first language, I get very frustrated because I can't explain correctly what I need or what is happening, please my apologies if I sound rude. I'm happy with HE. I'm in the latest version.

Next step is deleting smarttiles, but for that, HE dashboard should be improved, I want all local and code from HE if possible

I have the newest version of webcore installed... I watch that git repo like a hawk.

I just updated to the newest FW and my hub completely died in less then 30 minutes. I went in and re-saved every piston and that didnt do a thing. Response time went from fast to zilch in 10 minutes and GUI wouldn't load.

I reverted back to 1.1.2 and all is back to normal.

1 Like

One thing I've noticed on this thread and another that keeps talking about the 'latest version of webCoRE'...isn't there a version number to put so people in the know (not me!) can tell if that is the latest version or not?

Just a thought.

You mean in the past hour you updated to 1.1.3 and it failed then you reverted? Or are you saying you did that when the release came out?

public static String version() { return "v0.3.107.20180806" }

1 Like

Perhaps you would allow us to look at your hub to see if we can spot where the issue might be? Given that you've narrowed it down to some difference between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, that's a pretty small target for us to investigate.

2 Likes